One Skillet Cheesy Italian Chicken
MARINADE INGREDIENTS *optional
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1/4 inch thick)
- Salt, black pepper for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces mushrooms, stems removed, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium shallot, diced
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces Sargento Chef Blends Shredded 6 Cheese Italian
- Fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- To make the marinade: in a medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Place the chicken in a large Ziplock bag, and cover it with the marinade mixture. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. *Please note: If you are short on time, eliminate the marinade. While your chicken won’t be quite as tender, it will still be delicious.
- Season both sides of 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts with salt, and black pepper. I used about 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Use more or less to taste. Sprinkle each piece of chicken with Italian seasoning.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, making sure to wipe off any excess marinade with paper towels. Place the chicken in the pre-heated pan and cook for about 6 minutes per side, or until the chicken reaches a temperature of 165 degrees.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove it from the pan and set aside.
- Add a bit more olive oil if necessary. Add the mushrooms, diced bell pepper and diced shallot to the pan. Cook until tender, about four to six minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. To the pan, add in 1/3 cup chicken broth and cook until mostly evaporated.
- Stir in 1/3 cup heavy cream and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan. Sprinkle each piece of chicken with Sargento Chef Blends Shredded 6 Cheese Italian. Place a lid on the pan for a minute or two to help the cheese melt.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.