One Skillet Cheesy Italian Chicken Recipe.
One Skillet Cheesy Italian Chicken
Prep Time: 5mn
Cook Time: 25mn
Total Time: 30mn
MARINADE INGREDIENTS *optional
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1/4 inch thick)
- Salt, black pepper for seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces mushrooms, stems removed, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium shallot, diced
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces Sargento Chef Blends Shredded 6 Cheese Italian
- Fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- To make the marinade: in a medium bowl, combine 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Place the chicken in a large Ziplock bag, and cover it with the marinade mixture. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. *Please note: If you are short on time, eliminate the marinade. While your chicken won’t be quite as tender, it will still be delicious.
- Season both sides of 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts with salt, and black pepper. I used about 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Use more or less to taste. Sprinkle each piece of chicken with Italian seasoning.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, making sure to wipe off any excess marinade with paper towels. Place the chicken in the pre-heated pan and cook for about 6 minutes per side, or until the chicken reaches a temperature of 165 degrees.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove it from the pan and set aside.
- Add a bit more olive oil if necessary. Add the mushrooms, diced bell pepper and diced shallot to the pan. Cook until tender, about four to six minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. To the pan, add in 1/3 cup chicken broth and cook until mostly evaporated.
- Stir in 1/3 cup heavy cream and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan. Sprinkle each piece of chicken with Sargento Chef Blends Shredded 6 Cheese Italian. Place a lid on the pan for a minute or two to help the cheese melt.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
– Wildtree Recipes. ….for instructions…
1 teaspoons Wildtree Natural Grapeseed Oil
1 cup sliced mushrooms
½ cup diced bell pepper
½ cup chopped frozen broccoli
1 cup part skim ricotta
¾ cup part skim shredded mozzarella
4 teaspoons Wildtree Pizza Sauce Seasoning, divided
1 box Wildtree Gluten Free Pizza Dough
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
Assembled & Grill Ready
To quote Butterball, “IF YOU THINK “PROTEIN SHAKE” MEANS DANCING
WITH A TURKEY BURGER, YOU’RE PROBABLY A TURKETARIAN.”
My big sister, Chrisi, is a Turketarian, and I know she can dance too 🙂
She made these Bacon-Wrappped Turkey Burgers, then had the nerve
to send me pictures….and I’m almost 3 hours away from her! Rude! LOL
Anyway, they look awesome so I thought I’d share them with you.
She used ground turkey to make Beer Can Burger Bowls. Chrisi filled them
with sauteed Mushrooms, Zucchini, and Green Chili, leftover bacon, and wrapped them with
Bacon. She grilled them till they were cooked through, then topped them with Cheese.
They look super=delicious, but because I was too far away to taste them, I’ll just have
to convince you that she is a very good cook and I’m sure they were wonderful!