I’m notorious for making what I want, with whatever I have. If I’m missing an ingredient in a recipe, I’m more apt to improvise, than run to the store to get what I’m missing.
Many of you, (known or unbeknownst) have eaten my “Clean out your refrigerator” concoctions and lived to tell the tale! My “Clean out your refrigerator” Cookies were a massive hit, but when asked for the recipe, all they got from me was a blank look…..
I’ve got to start writing it down, or, better yet, take pictures of what I’m doing.
Anyway, I shared one of Country Living Magazine’s Facebook posts on my wall, https://www.facebook.com/dinanana/posts/10207085009706748?pnref=story
the “Best Zucchini Pizza Bites Recipe” https://www.facebook.com/CountryLiving/
I didn’t have Marinara sauce, or Mozzarella cheese, so I went spelunking through the cupboards and found one small can of tomato sauce, garlic powder and sweet basil, and cheddar.
I did, however, have the most delicious garden-fresh zucchini from Mandujano Brother’s Produce. https://www.facebook.com/Mandujano-Brothers-Produce-110654835624738/
After having nothing more than a peanut butter sandwich all day, this really hit the spot!
The man of the house is out getting Shelby’s hooves trimmed, so I’ll probably need to make more because I ate most of these already! He may want something a bit more “robust” as well, we’ll see what else is in the refrigerator 😉
Author: Worth Every Chew
Ingredients: 1 3⁄4 Cup crushed Macadamia Nuts
1⁄4 cup cornstarch, 1⁄2 teaspoon Sea Salt, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1-2 tablespoons cinnamon, 1 cup fresh blackberries, 1⁄4 cup coconut oil, 3 Tablespoons maple syrup, 1 Whole Egg (1 Chia Egg for vegan option), 2 pinches of LOVE
Instructions: Preheat oven to 375*F/190*C/Gas Mark 5
Mix crushed nuts, arrowroot powder, sea slat, baking powder and cinnamon together in one bowl. Mix Coconut Oil, Egg and Maple Syrup in another bowl, Then mix contents of both bowls together. Now, gently fold in the blackberries. Line a round cake pan with parchment paper and press mixture onto paper in the pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until cake is set. Allow to cool before slicing. Enjoy with someone you LOVE
Notes: If you would rather use brazil nuts I think they will work just as well as macadamia nuts. Lately, macadamia nuts have been scarce at Whole Foods so brazil nuts would be my second choice.
Source: Blackberry Macadamia Cake
Lavender reminds me of Springtime and always brings a sensation of relaxation when I catch a its scent. But, whats even better than simply smelling Lavender is tasting it and when you combine that fragrant flavor with the sweetness of lemons, you have a match made in Heaven. I think Lavender is not used, and…
Source: Lemon Lavender Protein Truffles
Nut butter and chocolate, what’s not to love ?!? I predict that your kiddos will fall in love with these little bites of Heaven! Not only are these healthy, refined sugar free, diary free, keto and vegan they are a lot of fun to make too. If you are nut free, you can substitute sunflower…
Source: Inside Out Chocolate Nut Butter Cups
Buying oranges can be scary. You crave that juicy sweetness that a delicious Florida orange, straight out of the grove, gives. Just the right sweetness, tartness and juiciness to explode in your mouth on that first bite is what you hope for.
Then you get home and peel your first orange and 😦 it’s dry, or has very little flavor. Horror of Horrors!! You just spent $5 on a whole bag of orange balls of dryness barely worthy of chunking over the fence.
So, when you DO find a bag of ripe, juicy goodness, it’s worthy of Sharing!!
I picked these up at La Tienda and they’re not Florida oranges, but they’re good 🙂
A thirty minute drive from Pecos, is the tiny town of Coyanosa. There’s not much there, but if you’ve ever heard of the Famous Pecos Cantaloupes, that’s where they come from! There used to be just a road-side stand, but now they have a big brick Farmers Market. Several varieties of watermelons, melons, onions, peppers, tomatoes, squash, and even honey are available. You better hurry if you want Okra, because it goes fast! We bought a watermelon, an Israel Melon, a bag of Red Onions, a bag of tomatoes, a bag of Long Green Chili, a bag of jalapenos, and two cantaloupes. We’ve been eating fresh salsa all day 🙂
If you ever get out to West Texas, be sure to stop by https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mandujano-Brothers-Produce/110654835624738?fref=ts
On July 7th, it is time to indulge as it is National Strawberry Sundae Day. Each year on this day, Americans combine vanilla ice cream, strawberry sauce, fresh strawberries and whipped cream and enjoy this delicious treat with friends and family.
Monkey Bombs – A truly unique & creative blend of fresh bananas, juicy grapefruit, kiwi, bubblegum and plump strawberries with a hint of vanilla.
Celebrate National Strawberry Sundae Day with Arabella Ave’s Monkey Bombs Candle Scents 🙂 Available in Room Spray, Tins, Confetti Drops & Tarts!
EVEN CHEESIER CAULI-TOTS – MegUnprocessed.
- 1½ cup Shredded Cauliflower (about half of a head)
- ½ cup Vegan Cheese (I used Daiya Pepperjack Style Shreds)
- 2 tbsp Cornmeal (I used yellow cornmeal)
- 1 Flax Egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water)
- ½ tsp Onion Powder (if you’re not a fan of onion you can omit)
- ⅛ tsp Turmeric
- ⅛ tsp ground mustard
- ⅛ tsp Paprika
- a few shakes of salt and black pepper (to your liking)
- Preheat oven to 350
- To get the shredded cauliflower, pulse the florets in the food processor
- until it resembles rice
- Remove the cauliflower and measure out 1½ cups. Then place it in a dish
- towel and squeeze out the extra moisture over the sink
- Put the shredded cauliflower in large bowl and mix together with the rest
- of the ingredients
- Scoop out little balls, forming them into a tot like shape and place them on
- baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Make sure they aren’t too high. After placing them on parchment paper I
- pushed down on each one to flatten just a bit
- Bake for 20 min and then flip over for another 15 min (might be a little longer.
- you want them to be golden on top)
- Take out and let cool for a few minutes before serving
Raw Vegan Mayonnaise | Healthy Blender Recipes.
I-Use-It-In-Everything Raw Mayo
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- 1/4 cup cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup raw cashews soaked for 2 hours (soaking is optional but will yield a creamier consistency)
- 1/4 cup raw cauliflower
- 1 1/4 teaspoon yellow mustard (like you put on hot dogs)
- 1 teaspoon raw coconut nectar, coconut sugar or 1 chopped pitted date
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Celtic sea salt or more to taste
- Place all of the ingredients into your blender and puree for about a minute until smooth and creamy.
- Tweak lemon juice, vinegar, and salt to taste.
Makes 1 1/3 cups
**Please note – you will need a high speed blender in order to achieve a really creamy consistency,
and for the best results it is essential to soak the nuts.