Ultimate Summer Salad
Prep Time: 5mn
Cook Time: N/A
Total Time: 5mn
- 1/2 cup Kale
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup romaine lettuce
- 1 ounce Sargento® Chef Blends™ 4 State Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 cup carrots
- 1 slice of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- Cucumbers, thinly sliced
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Handful of oyster crackers sautéed in a bit of olive oil (just a drizzle or two), and seasoned with black pepper
- 1/4 cup dijon style mustard
- 1/4 cup all-natural honey
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Make the dressing: whisk together 1/4 cup dijon style mustard, 1/4 cup all natural honey, 1 tablespoon mayo, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice. Set aside and use as much or as little as you’d like on this salad. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
- Toast the oyster crackers: Heat a small amount of olive oil in a small skillet (just a drizzle or two). When warm, add in crackers and sauté’ for about three minutes, seasoning the crackers with black pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, place the kale, spinach, and romaine lettuce on the bottom.
- Top with Sargento® Chef Blends™ 4 State Cheddar, carrots, bacon, cabbage, cucumbers, tomatoes, and oyster crackers.
- Drizzle the salad with homemade honey mustard dressing – use as much or as little as you’d like, making sure to store leftover salad dressing in the refrigerator.