Ultimate Summer Salad
- 1/2 cup Kale
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup romaine lettuce
- 1 ounce Sargento® Chef Blends™ 4 State Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 cup carrots
- 1 slice of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- Cucumbers, thinly sliced
- Grape or cherry tomatoes
- Handful of oyster crackers sautéed in a bit of olive oil (just a drizzle or two), and seasoned with black pepper
- 1/4 cup dijon style mustard
- 1/4 cup all-natural honey
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Make the dressing: whisk together 1/4 cup dijon style mustard, 1/4 cup all natural honey, 1 tablespoon mayo, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice. Set aside and use as much or as little as you’d like on this salad. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
- Toast the oyster crackers: Heat a small amount of olive oil in a small skillet (just a drizzle or two). When warm, add in crackers and sauté’ for about three minutes, seasoning the crackers with black pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, place the kale, spinach, and romaine lettuce on the bottom.
- Top with Sargento® Chef Blends™ 4 State Cheddar, carrots, bacon, cabbage, cucumbers, tomatoes, and oyster crackers.
- Drizzle the salad with homemade honey mustard dressing – use as much or as little as you’d like, making sure to store leftover salad dressing in the refrigerator.
Weight training builds healthy muscles
and promotes weight loss better than any
other exercise! Speaking of which, I need
to get my butt on the treadmill
Eat more fruits & vegetables.
Add a little cardio to your routine.
Cook Healthy Meals
Eat Whole Grains
Don’t Skip Breakfast
Heart Healthy Fats
Go Vegetarian Once A Week
This One Sorta Speaks For Itself 😉
Watch Your Portions