- 12 slices (1/2 in. thick) ciabatta bread
- About 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- About 4 tomatillos (6 oz.), husks removed, rinsed, and cut into 1/4-in.-thick slices
- 8 slices cooked bacon, broken into thirds
- 1/4 cup cilantro sprigs
- 6 ounces panela cheese* or mozzarella, cut into thin wedges
1. Spread a side of each bread slice with butter. Turn 6 slices over; top with cheddar, then tomatillos, bacon, cilantro, and panela. Top with remaining bread, buttered side up.
2. Cook sandwiches in a large nonstick frying pan (work in batches or use 2 pans) over medium-low heat until golden on both sides and cheese melts, 7 minutes total.
*Panela, a fresh Mexican cheese, melts without losing its shape. Find it at Mexican markets.
- Calories 375
- Caloriesfromfat 62 %
- Protein 18 g
- Fat 26 g
- Satfat 14 g
- Carbohydrate 18 g
- Fiber 1.2 g
- Sodium 664 mg
- Cholesterol 67 mg