- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced canned chipotle chiles (about 4)
- 4 onion rolls
- About 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 pound pepper jack cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced rare roast beef
- 4 canned mild green chiles, seeded, split, and dried with paper towels
1. Stir together mayonnaise and chipotles and set aside.
2. Preheat a panini press* to 350° (medium heat). Brush the outsides of rolls with oil. Split rolls. Spread bottom halves with 1 1/2 tsp. chipotle mayo each, then top each with 2 slices cheese; 2 or 3 slices roast beef; 1 chile, opened up flat; and 2 more slices cheese.
3. Spread top halves of rolls with 1 1/2 tsp. chipotle mayo each and place on tops of sandwiches. Grill sandwiches 2 at a time until crisp and bubbling, 3 to 4 minutes. Repeat with remaining 2 sandwiches. Let sandwiches cool slightly, then slice with a serrated knife and serve.
*If you don’t have a panini press, use two pans to achieve the same effect: Cook your sandwiches in a frying pan or cast iron skillet and weight them with a heated cast iron skillet.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per sandwich.
- Calories 597
- Caloriesfromfat 56 %
- Protein 33 g
- Fat 37 g
- Satfat 14 g
- Carbohydrate 33 g
- Fiber 1.4 g
- Sodium 1167 mg
- Cholesterol 89 mg