Banana Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
Prep Time: 10mn
Cook Time: 18mn
Total Time: 38mn
BANANA BREAD CUPCAKE INGREDIENTS
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 ripe bananas, cut into small pieces
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
PEANUT BUTTER CREAM CHEESE FROSTING INGREDIENTS
- 10 ounces cream cheese (room temp)
- 1 stick unsalted butter (1/2 cup – room temp)
- 5 cups powdered sugar/confectioners sugar
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare a muffin tin by lining it with paper liners. With your mixer, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time, and vanilla and mix to combine.
- Add in sour cream and bananas and mix again, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl to ensure everything is getting mixed well.
- In a large bowl sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until smooth.
- Fill each muffin cup about 3/4 of the way full. You should get about 15 cupcakes from one batch.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cupcakes comes out clean. Allow the cupcakes to cool for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cupcakes cool, make the frosting. With your mixer, combine cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Add in powdered sugar, one cup at a time. When all of the powdered sugar has been added and the frosting is light and fluffy, add in 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter and mix to combine.
- Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes. Store in an air-tight container.