FOLLOW THE GIRL WHO ATE EVERYTHING:
Corn, Avocado, and Tomato Salad
- 2 cups cooked corn, fresh or frozen (see Note)
- 1-2 avocados, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine the corn, avocado, tomatoes and onion in a large glass bowl. Mix
- together the dressing ingredients in another bowl, pour over the salad, and
- gently toss to mix. Chill salad for an hour or two to let flavors blend.
Fresh corn is really best to use here. Cut it off the ear and boil it for 3-4 minutes
to cook it. I love it almost a little crunchy. You can even stick it in raw if that’s what
Source: Paula Deen
Read more at http://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/2013/06/corn-avocado-
First, I gathered my ingredients. I don’t have a recipe, because you put what you like in your jar!
I put the dressing, if any, in the bottom, then added the smaller, more dense items.
I like my salad with lots of yummy stuff like olives, sunflower seeds, brightly colored mini peppers, corn cut off the cob, almonds and cheese, just to name a few 🙂
Top off your jars with your favorite greens. I left out tomatoes because their juice makes it runny in a couple days. You can add those adorable little cherry tomatoes, if you want.
I smushed everything down into a pint size Ball canning jar. You can use a larger jar, whichever you have. Put the lids on and into the frig they go. They lasted and stayed fresh for the entire week!
There are lots of ideas on Pinterest, but these are my photos. You are welcome to share 🙂