It’s a Pig Puddle! How Precious is that?
i JUST LOVE THIS IDEA FOR A BIRTHDAY PARTY!
An old picture frame will do unless you want to make your own. My
sister-in-law came home to a surprise party her girls whipped up for
her. They strung rope and used wooden clothes pins to hold the photos.
One photo, of which, she immediately took down! We all have that one
school picture we reaaaally don’t like! Awww the awkward years 🙂
This idea would be good for so many other occasions too: Country Wedding,
Family Reunion, Anniversary Party, Sweet 16, even the Office Christmas Party!
Had To Share 🙂
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup nuts, any kind, chopped
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 lb sliced strawberries, (if frozen, thaw and drain first, and reduce sugar to ⅔ cup)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Stir together the first 4 ingredients and spread evenly in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When browned, sprinkle about ⅔ of the crumbs in the bottom of a 9×13″ baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine egg whites, sugar, berries and lemon juice and beat at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form – about 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream until almost stiff, then fold gently into the berry mixture. Pour this over the crumbs in the baking dish, and spread evenly.
- Top with remaining crumble mixture and freeze 6 hours or overnight. Cut into squares and garnish with whole strawberries.
- Serve almost frozen.
About the Author
Ben Rayl authors the blog Comfortable Food, which he began in 2012. He moved to Europe in 2008 after a long career in the restaurant industry, and currently lives in Copenhagen, Denmark. For new recipe updates, be sure to follow Comfortable Food on Facebook.