EVEN CHEESIER CAULI-TOTS – MegUnprocessed.
- 1½ cup Shredded Cauliflower (about half of a head)
- ½ cup Vegan Cheese (I used Daiya Pepperjack Style Shreds)
- 2 tbsp Cornmeal (I used yellow cornmeal)
- 1 Flax Egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water)
- ½ tsp Onion Powder (if you’re not a fan of onion you can omit)
- ⅛ tsp Turmeric
- ⅛ tsp ground mustard
- ⅛ tsp Paprika
- a few shakes of salt and black pepper (to your liking)
- Preheat oven to 350
- To get the shredded cauliflower, pulse the florets in the food processor
- until it resembles rice
- Remove the cauliflower and measure out 1½ cups. Then place it in a dish
- towel and squeeze out the extra moisture over the sink
- Put the shredded cauliflower in large bowl and mix together with the rest
- of the ingredients
- Scoop out little balls, forming them into a tot like shape and place them on
- baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Make sure they aren’t too high. After placing them on parchment paper I
- pushed down on each one to flatten just a bit
- Bake for 20 min and then flip over for another 15 min (might be a little longer.
- you want them to be golden on top)
- Take out and let cool for a few minutes before serving
3 ripe pears, peeled, cored, and roughly chopped
1 cup brown sugar
4 large eggs
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 cups superfine brown rice flour
1/2 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
1/4 cup flax seed meal
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp kosher or fine sea salt
1/2 cup grapeseed or light olive oil
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup granulated sugar (preferably organic)
via Food-Celebrations – Gluten-Free Healthy Pear Muffins – Walmart.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 24 standard muffin cups with paper liners.
- Place the pears in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Add the brown sugar and puree. Add the remaining ingredients (except the toppings) and process to combine, scraping down the bowl of the food processor once. Divide the batter evenly among the prepared pans.
- If desired, sprinkle the almonds on top of the batter and sprinkle with a little sugar. (To intensify the flavor of the almonds you can toast them in a dry pan over high heat for a few minutes, just until toasted and fragrant.) Bake for 25 minutes or until the muffins have risen and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. (These muffins don’t get too brown.) Let cool in the pan.
Skinny Strawberry Shortcake Bites.
Healthy, Vegan, and Gluten Free!! (means guilt free:)))
Follow her on Facebook: