#Zucchini #Chips #PaleoSnacks #Paleo #EatRight #HealthySnacks #YUM #Budget101 #DirtCheap
- One Zucchini (The larger the better, to counter shrinkage)
- Paleo friendly cooking spray
- Salt & Pepper
- Slice your Zucchini thin. I would say 1/4 to 1/8 of an inch. You can use a food
- processor, but depending on your slicer, it can end up a little too thin.
- Pre-heat your oven to 225 degrees Fahrenheit. That is around 100-105
- degrees centigrade.
- Spray your baking sheet with your paleo friendly cooking spray.
- Lay out all the chips and spray cooking sprat lightly on the chips. Alternatively
- you could just toss it in some Coconut oil
- Bake for about 45 minutes to two hours, or until they get to the right level of
- crispiness for you.
- Eat within two to three hours.
And there you have it, rather yummy Paleo Zucchini chips.
Yields: 4 servings | Calories: 99 | Total Fat: 3 g | Saturated Fat: 2 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Previous Points: 2 | Points Plus: 2 | Cholesterol: 13 | Carbohydrates: 12 g | Sodium: 241 mg | Dietary Fiber: 2 g | Sugars: 2 g | Protein: 6 g |
1 (large) zucchini, cut into 1/8″ – 1/4″ slices
1/3 cup whole grain breadcrumbs, optional Panko (homemade breadcrumb recipe)
1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese, reduced fat
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Kosher or sea salt to taste
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3 tablespoons low-fat milk
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Combine in a small mixing bowl, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Dip zucchini slices into milk and dredge into bread crumbs to coat both sides. Note: It may be necessary to press crumbs onto zucchini slices to ensure the crumbs stick.
Arrange zucchini on a non-stick cookie sheet and lightly mist with a non-stick cooking spray. We use Cassio Oil Spray Pump. Or, place zucchini on a wire rack sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
If using a rack, place rack on a cookie sheet. Bake 15 minutes, turn over and continue baking until golden, approximately 10-15 minutes (being careful not to burn). Allow to cool to room temperature before storing in an airtight container.
NOTE: Zucchini Chips will continue to get crispier while cooling.
NOTE: For gluten free chips, use gluten-free bread crumbs.